SUGGESTED SEAL CUT: Seal flipper
- 1/2 adult seal flipper
- 2 liters of veal stock or chicken stock
- 3 onions
- 2 large carrots or 6 to 8 Nantaise carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 150ml of maple syrup
- 200g of cranberries
- Olive oil
- Season the flipper and sear it each side using olive oil. Add butter to finish the coloring of the meat.
- Fry the vegetables. Add garlic, thyme, maple syrup.
- Reduce the heat by half and add the cranberries.
- Pour the veal stock. Cover.
- Bake at 280-300 ° C for 12 hours depending on the size of the flipper.
- Every hour add stock on top of the meat to prevent the meat from drying out.
- Check the cooking, the meat must be pulled easily from the bone.
- Remove the flipper and reduce braising liquid in a pan to reach the perfect consistency.
- Spoon the sauce over the meat.
Recipe by: Chef Benoit Lenglet