It is time once again to celebrate this amazing country we are blessed to call home. From coast to coast to coast, Canada is unlike any other. And we at SeaDNA couldn’t be more proud of our land and its amazing natural bounty that provides our truly Canadian, world-class seal oil and seal meat products.
SeaDNA: the evolution of a Canadian tradition
For as long as Canada has been around, and for hundreds of years previous, the seal hunt has sustained remote coastal communities.
We know there is no sugar-coating the controversial past of the Atlantic commercial harvest. We own that and recognize it. But times have changed. And now this carefully regulated, government quota-based harvest is one all Canadians can be proud of.
As Canada turns 150 years young, we encourage you to experience for yourself the evolution of this Canadian tradition.
After decades of working with seal, our harvesting partners in Newfoundland and the Magdalen Islands (Îles-de-la-Madeleine) have perfected their technique. The result is a unique offering that compares favourably to a fine Filet Mignon. There is nothing quite like the first time one tries SeaDNA Seal products.
For those who have never tasted seal it can be an awakening. It’s high in protein, low in fat and simply delicious. For those who have tasted it in the past and may have been turned off, let us assure you: this is nothing like what you have previously known.
Year after year some of Canada’s finest restaurants place seal on their menu for simple reasons:
- it is sustainable
- it is a secure food source
- it is a Canadian product they are proud to serve
- it tastes really, really good
Listed below are restaurants serving seal meat in Quebec and Ontario and retail locations where you can buy it for yourself. Cooking instructions can be found on SeaDNA YouTube channel.
Meat is though, just one of the gifts the seal provides through full utilization of this amazing resource.
Omega-3 Seal Oil
SeaDNA is Canada’s premier retailer of Omega-3 Seal Oil, the most complete supplement on the market. Approved by Health Canada and purified to world-class standards, SeaDNA Omega-3 Seal Oil is natural, unique, pure and Canadian.
With an added Omega-3 fatty acid in DPA to go along with DHA and EPA, seal oil is different from anything else on the supplement market. And we truly believe, it is better as well.
To help celebrate Canada Day, we are offering free shipping on any order over $60.00 throughout the month of July. You can order directly off our website using the PROMO CODE: ocanada, or you can find us on Amazon Canada.
Sustainable and Canadian
We also encourage anyone who may have questions about the current seal industry to take an honest look at it thanks to Vice Canada’s recent documentary: “The Ethics of Hunting Seal”.
We at SeaDNA hope your Canada Day is one of joy and cheer and seal-ed with unique experiences.
Happy 150th birthday Canada!
Looking pretty darn good, we have to say.
Restaurants & Retailers Selling Seal Meat
* Call to order and your seal meat can be delivered in 24 to 48 hours (Holidays etc. can change schedules)
- Ku-kum Kitchen: 581 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto · (416) 519-2638
- *Cheese Boutique: 45 Ripley Ave, Toronto, ON · (416) 762-6292
- *Black Angus Fine Meats: 10-360 Revus Avenue, Mississauga, ON · (905) 271-2333
- * Whitehouse Meats: St-Lawrence Market, 93 Front Street East, Toronto, ON · (416) 366-4465
- *Vincenzo’s: 150 Caroline Street South, Waterloo, ON · (519) 741-1437
- *Brady’s Meats : 465 Philip St. Waterloo, ON · (519) 885-3390
OTTAWA / GATINEAU :
- *Saslove: 613-241-9266 (BYWARD MARKET) and 613-722-0086 (WELLINGTON STREET)
- *Glebe Meat Market: (613) 235-9595
- *Boucherie Gréber: (819) 568-3363
- *Maison Bisson: (819) 772-0702
- Caribou Gourmand : 5308 Boul. St-Laurent · (438) 387-6677
- Manitoba: 271 Rue Saint Zotique · (514) 270-8000
- Poissonnerie la Mer : 1840 René-Levesque E · (514) 522-3003 ext 231
- Fou des Îles : 1253 Rue Beaubien E, Montréal · (514) 656-1593
- Les îles en ville: 5335 Wellington St, Verdun · (514) 544-0854
- *Marché des saveurs : 280 Place du Marché-du-Nord, Montréal · (514) 271-3811
- *Aux Saveurs des Sévelin : 1575 Boul. Jacques-Cartier E, Longueuil · (450) 448-3918
- *Boucherie Dans la Côte: 2123 de Bleury, Montréal · 514 439 9222
VILLE DE QUÉBEC :
- La Traite : 5 Place de la Rencontre, Wendake, QC · (418) 847-0624
- Fou du bio : Marché du Vieux-Port, 160 Quai Saint-André, QC · (418)-692-2517
- Au poisson d’or : 511 Rue Saint-Jean, Ville de Québec, QC · (581) 300-1510
- *Boucherie des Halles : 2500 Ch. des Quatre-Bourgeois, Québec · (418) 659-4248
- *Le Croc Mignon : 594 3e ave, Québec · (581) 741-7050
- *Provision : 1115 Ave. Cartier, Québec · (418) 525-7154
- Bistro Côté Est : 76 Avenue Morel, Kamouraska · (418) 308-0739
- Poissonnerie Lauzier : 57 Avenue Morel, Kamouraska · (418) 492-7988
- Au grain de folie : 2286 Chemin du Fleuve, Saint-Romuald · (418) 834-8333
- Hôtel Rimouski : 225 Boul. René Lepage Est · (418) 721-5000