SUGGESTED SEAL CUT: Adult seal flipper
- 1/2 seal flipper
- 1 liter of duck fat
- 200 g Salt
- Vegetable oil
- Cover the flipper with salt and incorporate the salt by massaging the meat.
- Leave the meat to rest during 6 hours.
- Rinse the meat quickly with ice water and then dry.
- In a hot skillet, place a layer of oil, and brown the meat on all sides.
- Immerse the flipper in a cauldron containing the melted duck fat .
- Add thyme, laurel and pepper.
- Place the skillet in an oven at 250 ° F.
- Cook for about 12 hours until the meat comes off the bone.
Recipe by: Chef Benoit Lenglet